Do you have any idea about best Spyderco knife for self defense? Are you looking at the quality best Spyderco knife? If you want this you can get here details resources about getting your quality product.
We are going to show here top quality and reliable and effective self-defense knife, just see here details.
- 1 The Best Spyderco Knife For Self Defense
- 1.1 1. Spyderco Matriarch Spyder Edge Knife with Emerson Opener, Black
- 1.2 2.Spyderco C170GP Karahawk Plain Edge Knife, Black
- 1.3 3. Spyderco Yojimbo 2 G-10 Plain Edge Blade Pocket Knife, Black – C85G2
- 1.4 4. Spyderco C91SBBK Pacific Salt Spyder Edge Folding Knife, Black, 3.8-Inch
- 1.5 5. Spyderco Tenacious Plain Edge Folding Knife, Black/Silver
The Best Spyderco Knife For Self Defense
Here are available quality Spyderco knife that I used and you will get here best feature that will be better on your working moment from others knife.
1. Spyderco Matriarch Spyder Edge Knife with Emerson Opener, Black
It’s a very popular and useful hunting knife and its surprises for you that you can see here folding karambit-style with a serrated blade.
But you have to know that these Serrated blades are not for every person. Anyway, if you want to prefer serrated blades, then the Matriarch is the knife good for you.
When closed this knife sees here 4.98 inches long. And this knifes still fairly light at 3.6 ounces. It’s made by VG-10 steel it very good quality stainless steel it will be helpful for a long time.
Alternatively, you can mail the popular knife to Spyderco and you pay a $5 fee and they do the sharpening. To me, this is a good option.
- Lightweight for easy to use
- Ambidextrous grip to handle both left and right-handed users
- Serrated edge tears better option, properly optimal for your self-defense purposes
- Emerson Opener option for very fast deployment
- Pocket clip and Spyderco Round Hole available
- A full serration has some drawbacks.
- You may not want the karambit-style
You will see here awesome lock back mechanism that keeps you safe perfectly.
The necessary knife will only unlock when you are ready to close this, it can protect your hand from more kind of injuries from prematurely closing. A great feature in your self-defense knife.
Finally, the Matriarch has 2 processes for opening: the Spyderco Round Hole or the Emerson Opener. The Round Hole makes for a quick opening of the awesome blade. The Emerson Opener allows you to have the great knife blade deployed right out of pocket, automatically!
Follow this video on how the Emerson Opener works:
2.Spyderco C170GP Karahawk Plain Edge Knife, Black
if you are looking Karambit-style blade so it’s your good option.
As Spyderco says, this blade properly merges the distinctive good features of “the classic Southeast Asian karambit and state-of-the-art modern design.”
The curved hawkbill blade is short and enough to stay fully hidden but strong enough for your self-defense purposes given that it’s made from Spyderco’s famous VG-10 stainless strong steel.
It’s got a good handle with steel reinforcement and stability inside, ending in a good and strong karambit-style ring at the base of the equipment handle. It’s this ring that always allows a karambit to be used.
- A design from Sal Glesser
- Get matte black for times when reflection and light is an issue
- Very Easily concealable blade length (2.29″)
- Available here Strong back lock
- Textured handle for very easy grip
- This price is high
- Pocket clip has been known to be tight
This crucial knife also features the combo of Emerson Opener and hole opener, making it’s really ideal for instant deployment for self-defense.
If you need the Karambit-style blade well-suited for self-defense uses.
3. Spyderco Yojimbo 2 G-10 Plain Edge Blade Pocket Knife, Black – C85G2
Get on this knife closed length of 4.51″ (open length of 7.55″), meaning the blade itself is just over minimum 3 inches. This big size means it must be should do well in a self-defense scenario where you need to bring a fully more your tactical force.
The updated design of the Yojimbo is what really differentiates it from other natural commonly found self-defense knives. It has a Wharncliffe blade, which is a little thicker than another kind of blades.
A thick blade is really better in your self-defense scenario because you will get here less flex.
This updated knife has a must reputation for having awesome ergonomics and a thumb forward grip. This great ergonomics always make the Yojimbo feel like a very natural extension of the hand.
Available Here more controlling process facility, which is a big asset in a self-defense situation. It’s really more helpful for you.
- It’s very easy to hold
- Spyderco Round Hole and Pocket clip also easy carry and deployment
- Plain-edge blade is very easy to sharpen at home
- Non-slip grip
- Wharncliffe blade for strongly cutting strength
- Some professional users report that the handle and blade are a bit small for their hands using time
The CPM S30V steel the Yojimbo blade properly made of is a high-quality stainless steel. As usual, the strong and stainless steel dulls more quickly than another kind of steel. Anyways, the plain edge makes it a very easy to sharpen the blade.
In proper addition to everything else, the famous personal defense and good trainer Michael Janich naturally designed this knife, so you know it’s very good for self-defense.
4. Spyderco C91SBBK Pacific Salt Spyder Edge Folding Knife, Black, 3.8-Inch
The blade of the Pacific Salt is made of Japanese H1 steel, its rust-proof. This is due to the use of nitrogen to more harden the steel, instead of carbon.
With just that updated feature, it makes this knife strong and perfect for anyone who goes running outdoors or lives in more area or one with precipitation.
As with another kind of knives I have featured, the Pacific Salt uses the patented thumb hole opener for the fast unfolding of this knife.
For more kind of weather protection, the internal necessary steel components of the knife are treated with a coating that fully prevents rust and damage from salt and other harmful weather conditions.
Finally, if you are not a fan of this pocket carrying, it’s got a lanyard hole so you can hang properly it around your neck.
- The larger side of the knives featured here available
- Still super light
- Reversible ambidextrous clip
- Salt, Rust, and weather-proof H1 steel blade
- Will not get “no slip” handle
Overall, its better knife of both self-defense and everyday use when you faced bad weather conditions.
5. Spyderco Tenacious Plain Edge Folding Knife, Black/Silver
If you need the best quality knife with a reliable budget without compromising quality so Spyderco Tenacious Plain Edge for the best equipment.
The knife is very large with a closed length of 4.44″, but this product still, lightweight weighing in at only 4.1 ounces. This knife length makes it very good for an EDC knife for a big person. Need also fare well in a self-defense scenario because of knife size.
The 8Cr13MoV stainless steel that the strong blade is made of means that the necessary blade need not rust or corrode over time. This makes it awesome if you live in a humid location or near the ocean (but I always still prefer the Pacific Salt above for this equipment purpose).
If you follow here you will see a downside with stainless steel is that the blade may be susceptible to very faster dulling. The Tenacious blade is natural and plain edge blade, which makes it very easier to sharpen and slightly negates the full possibility of dulling very quicker.
Available here awesome a pocket clip attached making it good for waistband carry. Some of you may like this and some of you hate this. I personally like pocket clips.
You can see here extra surprise and that perfect amount of retention. Not too tight that it damages waistband, but not too loose that it falls off the waistband.
Finally, get here opening hole that allows you to quickly open your knife (like many Spyderco knives). Quickly opening knife is one of the most necessary factors in a self-defense scenario, so this must comes in handy!
- This clip easy carry
- Easy to open this with its thumb hole
- Available Strong grip on the handle
- Some professional users complain about a lack of chamfering